Welcome to The Long Beach College Promise website.
Long Beach’s nationally-recognized public schools, community college district and state university continue working together to help local students earn degrees and certificates in preparation for rewarding lives and careers. And now it has the support of the City of Long Beach mayor’s office.
The College Promise offers ways for Long Beach Unified School District students to prepare for, enter and complete college. A unique partnership with Long Beach City College (LBCC), California State University, Long Beach (CSULB) and the City of Long Beach, it provides a free academic year at LBCC, guaranteed admission to CSULB, early outreach, intensive support, and much more along the way.
- Rigorous and relevant college and career preparatory courses
- Early and continued college support and outreach
- Long Beach College Promise Scholarship to cover first semester enrollment fees for all local high school graduates who enroll at LBCC the fall immediately after graduation
- Dedicated support and pathways for LBUSD students
- Guaranteed admission for first time freshman applicants from LBUSD and other local area schools who in high school have completed all college preparatory courses with satisfactory grades and meet CSU and CSULB minimum admission requirements (mathematics minimum admission requirements are higher for science, technology, engineering and mathematics fields and nursing)
- Guaranteed admission for local transfer applicants who at community college have completed all transfer preparation courses for their selected specific major with satisfactory grades and meet CSU and CSULB minimum admission requirements
- Dedicated CSULB access, admission and transition support programs for LBUSD and LBCC students
- Goal of universal pre-school enrollment for Long Beach
- Effort to double the number of internships in the city for Long Beach high school and college students
- Expansion of scholarships and support for LBUSD students at both colleges